The Rīga Conference Future Scholars
Call for papers!
The Rīga Conference is an annual meeting of regional and international experts in foreign policy and defence, academics, journalists, and business representatives, promoting the discussion and assessment of issues affecting the transatlantic community. At this year’s conference, amongst other things, we will consider EU role in rise of geoeconomics, security challenges in the information age and hybrid warfare, transatlantic relationship as a critical axis of global stability, relations between Russia and the West as well as prospects of Eastern Partnership countries.
You can become a part of this year’s discussion by writing your view on the conference topics. Submit your policy analysis paper on one of the 4 topics:
1) Can democracies win the modern battle?
2) Defending the EU: vectors, perspectives, paradigms.
3) The Nordics/Baltics: strategising the region’s international role.
4) NATO and a new international system in the making.
We encourage undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world to share their views and bring up the discussion about one of the topics.
It should be 5 to 10 pages long (text formatting - Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 line spacing, justified) and reflect policy analysis and your personal view as conclusions on one of the topics mentioned before.
After evaluation, 10 best submitted papers will be published on the Rīga conference website www.rigaconference.lv and will be receiving an invitation to attend the Rīga Conference 2018 in Riga, Latvia on September 28 – 29, 2018. For the best 3, the organisers will cover the accommodation costs for the time of the conference.
Send it in to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submition: August 23, 2018
Results will be announced on our website www.rigaconference.lv on September 3, 2018
For any further questions contact us at email@example.com
Tweets about us#RigaConf18 Tweets
- SAVE THE DATE for The Rīga Conference 2018! #RigaConf18 https://t.co/nAO1sOm6t5 https://t.co/KVtMT9O8aP03.04.2018 (11:07)
- On behalf of #RigaConf17 team we express our sincere condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Ms Sylke Tempel.07.10.2017 (11:19)
- Should the army defend values, and how? Topical debate in the context of Spanish police in #Catalonia. #RigaConf17 https://t.co/9MviVGwdbt02.10.2017 (09:02)
- West must pay attention to what #Russia does to neighbors. #Ukraine was getting hacked "before it was cool." —… https://t.co/k5FhHYZN2V01.10.2017 (21:56)
- #Russia's proposal of UN peacekeepers in east #Ukraine could just be attempt to freeze or prolong the conflict. —… https://t.co/2Id0dgZNbh01.10.2017 (21:16)
- This is 1st year when almost every country in the EBRD region will be experiencing economic growth — @sguriev tells… https://t.co/yJPGbJQwfr01.10.2017 (21:14)
- There is a consensus that #Ukraine's economy is now growing by 2-3%. — @sguriev at #RigaConf17 https://t.co/NCcuAq866Q01.10.2017 (21:12)
- #Ukraine's free trade agreement w/ Canada will give the country greater access to Canadian defense industry. —… https://t.co/Fx1fDiwpM101.10.2017 (21:10)
- Starting NOW! Hromadske's Sunday Show from Riga Conference in #Latvia. Tune in for exclusive interviews! #RigaConf17 https://t.co/bD7A8njfhN01.10.2017 (21:02)
- Watch https://t.co/hQYbTiYYK6 Katalonijasِ #BriedisPerezِ #RigaConf17ِ #GermanyRXِ #florbolsِ #E_konsultācijaِ01.10.2017 (20:04)
- Šobrīd aktuālākās tēmas tviterī: Katalonijā #RigaConf17 #GermanyRX #florbols Pasaules Krievijas NEPLP #olybetlbl #Latvia.01.10.2017 (20:00)
- Tune in tonight for @Hromadske's Sunday Show w/ exclusive interviews from #RigaConf17 on #Ukraine & global security! https://t.co/UQGqn123cX01.10.2017 (18:10)
- 01.10.2017 (17:29)
- RECOMMEND, NEW SITE TO GET FREE #FOLLOWERS01.10.2017 (14:49)
- Kamēr Spānijas policija apkauj miermīlīgos Katalonijas Brīvības Referenduma dalībniekus,@EmbajadaEspRiga atsēž @… https://t.co/gkRzKFUUz401.10.2017 (12:49)
- This year's Riga Conference ended yesterday, but you can already watch it online: https://t.co/xnb2H7nNGr #RigaConf1701.10.2017 (10:58)
- Moving on this morning from #Riga - thanks @LATO_LV for #RigaConf17. Next stop, #Kyiv, to get first hand impression of #Ukrainian reforms.01.10.2017 (10:53)
- Thank you to all partners, supporters and friends for making #RigaConf17 possible already 12 years in the row. https://t.co/Na5nZAcXPx01.10.2017 (09:55)
- Exercise at #RigaConf17 worth repeating a couple of times. See the full video of all panels at:… https://t.co/cxwLw5Fv3C01.10.2017 (09:53)
- watch https://t.co/JM1TuQpAoZ #SpareMyRibsِ #WIW2017ِ #BriedisPerezِ #RigaConf17ِ #E_konsultācijaِ #florbolsِ01.10.2017 (07:27)
Founded in 1201, Riga offers its visitors a vast historical heritage and modern dynamism that is unparalleled.READ MORE