Sponsors and supporters
The event is organised jointly by the Latvian Transatlantic Organisation, the Latvian Ministry of Defence, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia and offers a unique venue for constructive dialogue on international security issues between leading global decision makers.
Latvian Transatlantic Organisation
LATO is a non-governmental organization established on March 21, 2000 with the aim to bring together likeminded individuals who want to promote Latvia`s membership in NATO. LATO aims to inform about NATO and Latvia`s membership in the Alliance by organising public informative events about Latvian and Euro-Atlantic security issues. LATO distributes information and encourages discussions on questions relating to Latvia`s defence and security policy to promote partnership with other countries, and to promote understanding of the international community about Latvia`s foreign policy aims.
Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Defence of Latvia is a leading state administrative institution in the field of defence and is directly subordinate to the Minister of Defence. The primary mission of the Ministry is to secure national independence and territorial indivisibility and ensure the safety of Latvian citizens. The Ministry of Defence develops and provides the implementation of the National Defence Policy, coordinates the policy in the areas of geodesy, cartography, and geo-spatial information, as well as in the areas of military education and research. Since the first conference in 2006, the Ministry of Defence has been one of the organisers of this important forum.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia is the highest institution of state administration in the field of foreign affairs. It develops and implements the foreign policy of the Republic of Latvia in order to ensure an international and regional environment suitable for the healthy, sustainable development of the country in conditions of rapidly changing international politics. Zigfrīds Anna Meierovics (1887-1925) became the first Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia. He was also the first diplomatic representative of Latvia abroad and the founder of the Latvian diplomatic service. The Latvian diplomatic service is the only institution of the Republic of Latvia that has been in continuous operation since the establishment of the state in 1918 up until now. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been actively involved in organisation of The Rīga Conference since 2006 when the first conference was held during the NATO summit.
Tweets about us#RigaConf18 Tweets
- SAVE THE DATE for The Rīga Conference 2018! #RigaConf18 https://t.co/nAO1sOm6t5 https://t.co/KVtMT9O8aP03.04.2018 (11:07)
- On behalf of #RigaConf17 team we express our sincere condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Ms Sylke Tempel.07.10.2017 (11:19)
- Should the army defend values, and how? Topical debate in the context of Spanish police in #Catalonia. #RigaConf17 https://t.co/9MviVGwdbt02.10.2017 (09:02)
- West must pay attention to what #Russia does to neighbors. #Ukraine was getting hacked "before it was cool." —… https://t.co/k5FhHYZN2V01.10.2017 (21:56)
- #Russia's proposal of UN peacekeepers in east #Ukraine could just be attempt to freeze or prolong the conflict. —… https://t.co/2Id0dgZNbh01.10.2017 (21:16)
- This is 1st year when almost every country in the EBRD region will be experiencing economic growth — @sguriev tells… https://t.co/yJPGbJQwfr01.10.2017 (21:14)
- There is a consensus that #Ukraine's economy is now growing by 2-3%. — @sguriev at #RigaConf17 https://t.co/NCcuAq866Q01.10.2017 (21:12)
- #Ukraine's free trade agreement w/ Canada will give the country greater access to Canadian defense industry. —… https://t.co/Fx1fDiwpM101.10.2017 (21:10)
- Starting NOW! Hromadske's Sunday Show from Riga Conference in #Latvia. Tune in for exclusive interviews! #RigaConf17 https://t.co/bD7A8njfhN01.10.2017 (21:02)
- Watch https://t.co/hQYbTiYYK6 Katalonijasِ #BriedisPerezِ #RigaConf17ِ #GermanyRXِ #florbolsِ #E_konsultācijaِ01.10.2017 (20:04)
- Šobrīd aktuālākās tēmas tviterī: Katalonijā #RigaConf17 #GermanyRX #florbols Pasaules Krievijas NEPLP #olybetlbl #Latvia.01.10.2017 (20:00)
- Tune in tonight for @Hromadske's Sunday Show w/ exclusive interviews from #RigaConf17 on #Ukraine & global security! https://t.co/UQGqn123cX01.10.2017 (18:10)
- 01.10.2017 (17:29)
- RECOMMEND, NEW SITE TO GET FREE #FOLLOWERS01.10.2017 (14:49)
- Kamēr Spānijas policija apkauj miermīlīgos Katalonijas Brīvības Referenduma dalībniekus,@EmbajadaEspRiga atsēž @… https://t.co/gkRzKFUUz401.10.2017 (12:49)
- This year's Riga Conference ended yesterday, but you can already watch it online: https://t.co/xnb2H7nNGr #RigaConf1701.10.2017 (10:58)
- Moving on this morning from #Riga - thanks @LATO_LV for #RigaConf17. Next stop, #Kyiv, to get first hand impression of #Ukrainian reforms.01.10.2017 (10:53)
- Thank you to all partners, supporters and friends for making #RigaConf17 possible already 12 years in the row. https://t.co/Na5nZAcXPx01.10.2017 (09:55)
- Exercise at #RigaConf17 worth repeating a couple of times. See the full video of all panels at:… https://t.co/cxwLw5Fv3C01.10.2017 (09:53)
- watch https://t.co/JM1TuQpAoZ #SpareMyRibsِ #WIW2017ِ #BriedisPerezِ #RigaConf17ِ #E_konsultācijaِ #florbolsِ01.10.2017 (07:27)
Founded in 1201, Riga offers its visitors a vast historical heritage and modern dynamism that is unparalleled.READ MORE