Sponsors and supporters
The event is organised jointly by the Latvian Transatlantic Organisation, the Latvian Ministry of Defence, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia and offers a unique venue for constructive dialogue on international security issues between leading global decision makers.
Latvian Transatlantic Organisation
LATO is a non-governmental organization established on March 21, 2000 with the aim to bring together likeminded individuals who want to promote Latvia`s membership in NATO. LATO aims to inform about NATO and Latvia`s membership in the Alliance by organising public informative events about Latvian and Euro-Atlantic security issues. LATO distributes information and encourages discussions on questions relating to Latvia`s defence and security policy to promote partnership with other countries, and to promote understanding of the international community about Latvia`s foreign policy aims.
Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Defence of Latvia is a leading state administrative institution in the field of defence and is directly subordinate to the Minister of Defence. The primary mission of the Ministry is to secure national independence and territorial indivisibility and ensure the safety of Latvian citizens. The Ministry of Defence develops and provides the implementation of the National Defence Policy, coordinates the policy in the areas of geodesy, cartography, and geo-spatial information, as well as in the areas of military education and research. Since the first conference in 2006, the Ministry of Defence has been one of the organisers of this important forum.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia is the highest institution of state administration in the field of foreign affairs. It develops and implements the foreign policy of the Republic of Latvia in order to ensure an international and regional environment suitable for the healthy, sustainable development of the country in conditions of rapidly changing international politics. Zigfrīds Anna Meierovics (1887-1925) became the first Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia. He was also the first diplomatic representative of Latvia abroad and the founder of the Latvian diplomatic service. The Latvian diplomatic service is the only institution of the Republic of Latvia that has been in continuous operation since the establishment of the state in 1918 up until now. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been actively involved in organisation of The Rīga Conference since 2006 when the first conference was held during the NATO summit.
Tweets about us#RigaConf18 Tweets
- 23.09.2018 (17:25)
- 23.09.2018 (15:05)
- Can we rely on Germany as the leader of the #EU, when Berlin itself is changing? We will seek to find out answers a… https://t.co/sralWPjEs423.09.2018 (14:41)
- Dinner ir served! Stay updated, check out the Rīga Conference 2018 programme on our website:… https://t.co/DxRtSodFgc22.09.2018 (18:41)
- Thanks to the Oxford Analytica team for providing us with pre-conference reading material. Read the conference bri… https://t.co/maA6cUzzF820.09.2018 (21:08)
- The Nordic-Baltic region should do more strategic cooperation in order to have an impact on global affairs, argues… https://t.co/RCIUrQvG8m20.09.2018 (13:51)
- 19.09.2018 (19:55)
- I hope these objective will be further boosted at the 28-29 September #RigaConf18, in which I look forward to parti… https://t.co/N6KbyB9oVO19.09.2018 (17:40)
- How to enjoy the Coffee Break Conversations? Grab your cup of coffee and join us on the live stream on 28 and 29 of… https://t.co/aWAnAVfJdU19.09.2018 (14:31)
- .@LATO #RigaConf18 announced a call for papers for the best future scholars. Read here how democracies are fighting… https://t.co/7KkXB4OByZ17.09.2018 (23:35)
- Attendance of the #BRYF naturally flows into YATA participation at the @LATO_LV Riga Conference. Last year YATA was… https://t.co/nE7HY4U9YC17.09.2018 (23:35)
- Go and follow us on Instagram to see our team from a different perspective! IG: https://t.co/5Jl8wTE3yr… https://t.co/YX97zjIPWW15.09.2018 (14:39)
- Nordic-Baltic cooperation can develop with regard to security, prosperity and values. Looking forward to the discus… https://t.co/zjLoB8u7tM12.09.2018 (15:36)
- 07.09.2018 (13:33)
- We are also on Instagram! Follow us and explore the world of LATO and have a little sneak peek of The Rīga Conferen… https://t.co/6yvaYsphC303.09.2018 (21:20)
- 03.09.2018 (14:25)
- It’s the final countdown with just one month remaining until The Rīga Conference 2018! #RigaConf18… https://t.co/UT4qAm4mXZ28.08.2018 (16:25)
- Our friends at @LATO_LV have been so kind to extend the deadline for Riga Conference Future Scholars #RigaConf18… https://t.co/MJ5z6Kwftg27.08.2018 (11:24)
- ATTENTION! Deadline for The Rīga Conference Future Scholars analysis paper submission has been extended till August… https://t.co/OyFSBux2XT27.08.2018 (11:21)
- Interested in joining the #RigaConf18, but not the scholary type #RCFS? Not to worry! You can also join as a volunt… https://t.co/RrQpE22Dqf22.08.2018 (10:47)
Founded in 1201, Riga offers its visitors a vast historical heritage and modern dynamism that is unparalleled.READ MORE