Sponsors and supporters
The event is organised jointly by the Latvian Transatlantic Organisation, the Latvian Ministry of Defence, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia and offers a unique venue for constructive dialogue on international security issues between leading global decision makers.
Latvian Transatlantic Organisation
LATO is a non-governmental organization established on March 21, 2000 with the aim to bring together likeminded individuals who want to promote Latvia`s membership in NATO. LATO aims to inform about NATO and Latvia`s membership in the Alliance by organising public informative events about Latvian and Euro-Atlantic security issues. LATO distributes information and encourages discussions on questions relating to Latvia`s defence and security policy to promote partnership with other countries, and to promote understanding of the international community about Latvia`s foreign policy aims.
Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Defence of Latvia is a leading state administrative institution in the field of defence and is directly subordinate to the Minister of Defence. The primary mission of the Ministry is to secure national independence and territorial indivisibility and ensure the safety of Latvian citizens. The Ministry of Defence develops and provides the implementation of the National Defence Policy, coordinates the policy in the areas of geodesy, cartography, and geo-spatial information, as well as in the areas of military education and research. Since the first conference in 2006, the Ministry of Defence has been one of the organisers of this important forum.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia is the highest institution of state administration in the field of foreign affairs. It develops and implements the foreign policy of the Republic of Latvia in order to ensure an international and regional environment suitable for the healthy, sustainable development of the country in conditions of rapidly changing international politics. Zigfrīds Anna Meierovics (1887-1925) became the first Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia. He was also the first diplomatic representative of Latvia abroad and the founder of the Latvian diplomatic service. The Latvian diplomatic service is the only institution of the Republic of Latvia that has been in continuous operation since the establishment of the state in 1918 up until now. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been actively involved in organisation of The Rīga Conference since 2006 when the first conference was held during the NATO summit.
Tweets about us#RigaConf19 Tweets
- Dear participants, we are incredibly thankful that you chose to be a part of The RC 2019! Sincere thank you goes to… https://t.co/rakUfz1EZN17.10.2019 (11:16)
- The Rīga Conference 2019 is officially over! We are truly thankful to our speakers, participants, partners, staff m… https://t.co/qFTsIG2AmU12.10.2019 (19:26)
- We are approaching the end of Day 2 with concluding remarks by the Foreign Affairs Minister of the Republic of Latv… https://t.co/5aWiKQKEYD12.10.2019 (18:09)
- #RigaConf19 Concluding Session " CONVERSATION WITH THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF LATVIA H.E. MR EGILS LEVITS "… https://t.co/9v66tof6Jn12.10.2019 (17:15)
- Witty quote by Mr John Frank on the Digital Age panel: "How do you know when a politician is lying? When their lips are moving." #RigaConf1912.10.2019 (15:24)
- Technology and how we use it is a very topical matter nowadays. Tune in live on https://t.co/SV53bNeMH9 for the pan… https://t.co/rfGoSPnbWL12.10.2019 (14:52)
- Tune in for the second day of the Riga conference debates at https://t.co/BG96g4yC69 #RigaConf19 https://t.co/flB8aub43R12.10.2019 (13:10)
- And we're done with the first session on Russia and the West. Great discussions, questions and reminders about the… https://t.co/9e3HAgrhpg12.10.2019 (11:39)
- The Rīga Conference 2019 Day 2! Make sure to join us on livestream at https://t.co/SV53bNeMH9 and use #RigaConf19 f… https://t.co/DStGNJrIR512.10.2019 (10:12)
- Day 2 #RigaConf19 will start with RUSSIA AND THE WEST MANAGING CRISES Moderated by Ms Jill Dougherty @jillrussia12.10.2019 (09:56)
- The Rīga Conference 2019 day one has been a success! Opening by H. E. the Prime Minister of Latvia, 3 great panels… https://t.co/yVOj8Z8Jzk11.10.2019 (22:25)
- The next Plenary Session at the #RigaConf19 is on the topic: NEW POWERS - SHAPING REGIONS OR SHAPING HISTORY? Join… https://t.co/RqkZOYgKyC11.10.2019 (18:23)
- Plenary session "New Powers - Shaping Regions or Shaping History?" is about to start! Moderated by Mr Julian Ropcke… https://t.co/ZusCUEPweU11.10.2019 (18:16)
- "Nowadays everybody's a writer and just a few of them are readers." - Dr Artis Pabriks @Pabriks #RigaConf1911.10.2019 (17:01)
- The Plenary session "Comprehensive & Collective - Building the Foundation of NATO's Future Defence" has started! Mo… https://t.co/ibPoqT2PyU11.10.2019 (16:47)
- #Russia is not a superpower but it is a superproblem - @LinkeviciusL at #RigaConf19 https://t.co/v0fTGrdV8h11.10.2019 (15:42)
- Lithuanian FM @LinkeviciusL at #RigaConf19 ‘Russia is not a superpower, it is a super problem’ https://t.co/up08epQCFy11.10.2019 (15:41)
- Lithuanian FM @LinkeviciusL at #RigaConf19 on Steinmeier Formula - no agreement in Donbas should come at expense… https://t.co/kXXdm6Jtl111.10.2019 (15:39)
- When we think about our security in today's changing world, we have to consider military, cyber, informational thre… https://t.co/r1eYrac5cO11.10.2019 (15:37)
- Latvian FM @edgarsrinkevics at #RigaConf19 Before we even consider lifting sanctions Russia must withdraw from Do… https://t.co/mDgQ8hYksG11.10.2019 (15:34)
Founded in 1201, Riga offers its visitors a vast historical heritage and modern dynamism that is unparalleled.READ MORE