These rules for the Conference (hereinafter – “Rules”) shall be binding to all persons who are registered for the Conference by completing Registration Form (hereafter – “Participants”). These Rules generate binding contract between the Participant and the Organiser. Where the Participant does not agree to the Rules, the Participant is forbidden from registering to the Conference. The Organiser is entitled to alter and supplement the Rules. Such changes will come in to effect after been communicated to the Participant through his / her email address provided on the Registration Form.
1. When registering for the Conference Participant is responsible for keeping his / her Registration Form secure and not to reveal information on the Registration Form to any third parties (username, password).
2. Each Participant is qualified to register for the Conference only once.
3. The Participant hereby confirms that all the information (including but not limited to personal data, texts, files, intellectual property online postings content and materials) entered on the Registration Forms is lawful, true, accurate, up-to-date and complete, and if necessary, the Participant undertakes to promptly update such information in order to keep it true and accurate.
4. The Participant shall be prohibited from entering and / or posting on the Registration Form any information and online postings that are deemed offensive, threatening, slanderous, discriminating, pornographic, blasphemous, contain commercial secrets or are unlawful in other respect.
5. The Participant is prohibited to use Registration Form for any reasons that are unlawful or constrained in other aspects. In addition to complying with the Rules, the Participant undertakes to comply with laws and regulations as well as to be guided by the generally accepted principles of virtue, ethics and morality.
6. The Participant may not interfere or tamper with the functioning of the Registration Form and / or servers and /or networks pertinent to the Registration Form.
7. The Participant agrees that their name and surname may be shared with the conference’s other participants and partners.
1. The Organiser undertakes to supply the Participant with information about the Conference.
2. The Organisers disclaims all damages, direct or indirect, claims, injuries, losses or liability arising from or related to any acts or missions of any third parties while traveling to and from or attending the Conference. The Organisers do not bear any legal liability or responsibility for the safety of any individual attending or traveling to or from the Conference. The Organisers do not hold any responsibility for the behaviour of any attendee or outside entity during the Conference.
3. The Organiser is entitled to suspend Participant’s access to Registration Form and acceptance to the Conference if Participant does not comply with these Rules. In such case the Organiser will immediately inform Participant through his / her e-mail address provided in the Registration Form.
1. The Participant agrees that the conference’s official language is English
1. The Rīga Conference 2021 is held in a COVID-19 safe regime, meaning that only persons who are vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19, and can prove it, can enter the conference.
2. All participants of the conference are obliged to present their proof of vaccination or recovery at the entrance of the National Library of Latvia.
– Proof of vaccination or recovery is evidenced only by an interoperable digital EU certificate (either in an electronic smart device or printed out).
1. Night Owl Sessions are held under the Chatham House Rule, meaning “When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.”